[Zope] building a revisitable object list???

Evan Simpson evan@digicool.com
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 17:33:39 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: Tres Seaver <tseaver@palladion.com>
> Hmm, maybe we need to wrap any "global" dictionary / list in a "readonly
> decorator", and let lists/dictionaries declared locally be the "normal"
ones.

It should be enough to have the wrapper not implement 'append', 'extend',
etc, since DTML/PM security only lets method calls mutate these objects.  I
would *love* to come up with a way to implement this on the DTML side rather
than searching Zope for dangerous exposed mutable objects.  One way would be
to automatically wrap all *local* lists and dicts, then insert checks to
allow only 'read' methods of raw types.  Yechh.

Cheers,

Evan @ digicool