[Zope] Help: DTML lookup problem (subfolder specialization)

Robb Shecter shecter@darmstadt.gmd.de
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 01:50:21 +0100

Hi,

I want to have a logo at the top of each page, so what I've done is
reference a "logo" method from my "header" method.

Subfolders should be able to redefine a new "logo" method if they want
to.

This only works, though, as long as there's a dtml_index in the
subfolder.  If, though, the subfolder doesn't define one, and a parent's
dtml_index is found, then the *parent's* "logo" is also used, not the
one in the child folder.

Is it possible to do what I want?  Here's a hierarchy view:

PARENT:
logo
index_html (Calls header which ref's logo)

     SUBFOLDER:
     logo

...This set up is not working for me.  Is there some way to make it
work?  That is, when viewing the subfolder, it's logo would get found
and used?

Thanks,
Robb