[Zope] Error adding a Zclass to a new product

John Eikenberry jae@kavi.com
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 22:32:29 -0800 (PST)

Stange problem I can't figure out...

I have a Zope installation for my site. It works fine, except I can't add
a Zclass to a product.

I've followed the developers guide tutorial and...

1. create a product
2. create a simple zclass inside that product (following the tutorial
   exactly)

When I try to add the zclass, I always get this error:

<!--
Traceback (innermost last):
  File /usr/local/lib/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 214, in
publish_module
  File /usr/local/lib/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 179, in
publish
  File /usr/local/lib/Zope/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 202, in
zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: ElementWithAttributes)
  File /usr/local/lib/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 165, in
publish
  File /usr/local/lib/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line 160, in
mapply
    (Object: manage_addZClass)
  File /usr/local/lib/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 102, in
call_object
    (Object: manage_addZClass)
  File /usr/local/lib/Zope/lib/python/ZClasses/ZClass.py, line 141, in
manage_addZClass
    (Object: ElementWithAttributes)
  File /usr/local/lib/Zope/lib/python/OFS/ObjectManager.py, line 232, in
_setObject
    (Object: ElementWithAttributes)
  File /usr/local/lib/Zope/lib/python/ZClasses/ZClass.py, line 412, in
manage_afterAdd
    (Object: testclass)
  File /usr/local/lib/Zope/lib/python/ZClasses/ZClass.py, line 373, in
_register
    (Object: testclass)
  File /usr/local/lib/Zope/lib/python/ZODB/Connection.py, line 396, in
setstate
  File /usr/local/lib/Zope/lib/python/ZODB/Connection.py, line 205, in
_persistent_load
    (Info: >

I've done a fresh install (just moving over my Extensions and Data.fs),
with no help. I've tried creating a ZClass on a fresh install (using the
exact same steps, but with a fresh Data.fs and no Extension) and it works
fine. What could the problem be?

Thanks in advance for any help.

---

John Eikenberry