[Zope] zodb Q

- bak@nstp.com.my
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 11:37:50 +0800

On Wed, 16 Feb 2000, Kevin Dangoor wrote:

> I haven't had this problem with my Catalog. I have about 1,700 CatalogAware
> objects and searching them seems to work just fine. They don't change very
> frequently though.

hmm.. i got only about 500 catalog aware objects now, but kept seeing the
effect of catalog not in sync.  the article class does change every morning.

but the thing that worries me most is the phenomenal zodb size increase.  it
almost reached 2G early this week.  and i'm running on linux and i'm not too
keen to find out what will happen if zodb reaches 2G.

can any of you zope gurus point me to docs, or answers?  i can't keep packing
every day.  maybe it's my ZClass, or dtml, ..i'm not sure, and i'm very
worried.  or maybe it's time to consider DC support.

> As long as you call reindex_object after you make a change to any of your
> CatalogAware objects, the catalog shouldn't really get out of sync. It's
> been working fine for me...

the call to reindex_object is in place, after every new instance of the article
class.

> Kevin

thks
http://www.kedai.com.my/kk