[Zope] Zope versions and Emacs

Miller, John M. jmiller1@uop.com
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 09:30:17 -0600

Gents,

Well, you could always try W3 under Emacs (just kidding, not sure how it
does under X, but on my NT machine it doesn't work very well as a management
interface).  The problem isn't so much one of Emacs not working with
cookies, it is of FTP (which is what efs is using) not working with cookies.
The DC folks had some comments on this a ways back (check the list archives)
and the conclusion was that the FTP protocol just didn't have the support
built in for Zope's more sophisticated management capabilities.

I wonder how much work it would be to get WebDAV support into XEmacs?  I'm
not too familiar with WebDAV, but does this provide a better map to Zope's
management functionality?

Cheers,
John