[Zope] Another Site Management Question

James W. Howe jwh@allencreek.com
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 16:51:29 -0500

I'm building a site which is going to have content maintained by non-Zope
knowledgeable users.  These users are going to be able to add/delete
content but not much more.  I know that I can create a role for these users
and that I can turn off authorization to various activities.  However, it
seems that even if I do this, the user can see objects for which they have
no access.  For example, I have a root folder into which I want the user to
be able to add a specific type of Folderish ZClass I've created.  The root
folder also has DTML methods which I have created.  I don't want my user to
edit these methods, and ideally I don't even want the user to see the
methods.  What I want to do is provide as uncluttered a look as possible to
my user.  They should only be able to see the things they can modify.  Is
this easy to do with Zope, or would I have to invent my own management
interface to handle this?

Thanks.

James Howe			internet: mailto:jwh@allencreek.com
Allen Creek Software, Inc.        pgpkey:
http://ic.net/~jwh/pgpkey.html
Ann Arbor, MI  48103