[Zope] STX_Document

Jeff Hoffman jeff@goingv.com
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 19:07:47 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 16 Feb 2000, Darcy Clark wrote:

> I am having some trouble with using STX_Document with objects named
> index_html. I've worked out that index_html method is used by the ZClass
> when the STX_Document is viewed. For instance if I create a folder
> "test" and then add an STX_Document to the folder called "index_html",
> then point the browser to
>
> http://server/test/
>
> I get :
>
> Zope Error
> Zope has encountered an error while publishing this resource.
> Resource not found
>
> Is there a way around this problem...

I saw it mentioned on one of the lists last week (or sometime around then)
that index_html is treated differently by Zope. It seems that Zope does
not look for an index_html when navigating to an object called index_html.

Perhaps this could be fixed by rewriting the STX_Document object such that
it does not rely on index_html for its representation, but uses __str__
instead. Of course, this would require some Python underneath the existing
ZClass stuff.

I have big plans for structured text, as we plan on using it extensively
in our work. Fixing this issue would definitely be a (small) part of that
work. However, I don't know where this fits into my timeline. When the
time is closer, I'll make sure to share my work with the community so that
everyone benefits.

--Jeff

---
Jeff K. Hoffman                                         704.849.0731 x108
Chief Technology Officer                                mailto:jeff@goingv.com
Going Virtual, L.L.C.                                   http://www.goingv.com/