[Zope] how does dtml-if evaluate REQUEST variables?

Evan Simpson evan@digicool.com
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 20:52:45 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: Bruce Elrick <belrick@home.com>
> > http://server/dtml.doc?entryid:int=0
>
> As a slightly off-list-topic third-party followup, what html form would
create
> the above URL if dhtml.doc was the action of that form?
>
> I'm having a problem that all my REQUEST variables are treated as strings,
> even when they are single digits.  I would like to not have to coerce the
> variables in the destination DTML Method, but rather have the form set the
> type as above.

Instead of naming your input field 'entryid', you name it 'entryid:int'.
It's really that simple. Or, rather, it *starts* that simple and can get
very complicated indeed as you get into stuff like
'fred.scores:int:list:record' (which creates an object 'fred' with attribute
'scores' containing a list of integers.  I think.)

For a quick & dirty example, make a Folder or DTML Document and give it a
bunch of properties of different types.  Then 'view source' on its property
sheet!

Cheers,

Evan @ 4-am & digicool