[Zope] Apache? Proxy? PCGI? ZServer?

J. Atwood Jatwood@bwanazulia.com
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 13:08:58 -0500

I have been playing with Zope for months and am a few weeks away from
putting a full Zopified site into production. I have a dedicated box so I
can do whatever I want in terms of configurations and after reading
everything I can get my hands on as possible solutions (I have read
http://www.zope.org/Members/guy_davis/install_routes)

1) ZServer Only - This should be the simplest and fastest. The drawback I
see is that I will not be able to do SSL or have very good logs to run
webserver statistics software on (MKStats, Analog, etc).

2) ZServer Behind Apache + Proxy - This is the second fastest and is
relatively easy (have done it once). I get my Apache logs, SSL (I think) but
It require SiteAcesss product which could (and seems to) conflict with other
products/functionality.

3) Apache, FAST PCGI (Zope.cgi) + ZServer - This is the slowest of them all
(a new process for every request) but I most people are using this and
allows for all sorts of other goodies that Apache can do (Virtual hosts,
logs, SSL, etc).

Is there anything I am missing or does anyone have some suggestions/comments
on implementations?

Thanks,
JMA