[Zope] Altering values from HTML forms before SQL insert

Jeff K. Hoffman jeff@goingv.com
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 15:38:09 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, Neil Bartlett wrote:

> Thanks Jeff - not only does it makes sense it works! Hadn't realized that
> dtml-let and dtml-with were only scoped at the current level.

Glad it works.

> Is there a syntax for saying set value at this and nested levels but do not
> persist? (More curious than have a need!)

Not that I know of. There are ways to achieve this, I'm sure, but not with
a single tag. The values put into the REQUEST using REQUEST.set() are only
valid for the lifetime of that single request, for that single user, so
you shouldn't step on your own toes that much.

Of course, there are times when this might be required, but I'd look at my
design and see if there's not another way to do things.

> Neil

--Jeff

---
Jeff K. Hoffman                                         704.849.0731 x108
Chief Technology Officer                                mailto:jeff@goingv.com
Going Virtual, L.L.C.                                   http://www.goingv.com/