[Zope] Domain-restriced anon access AND user restricted directories.

Guy Davis davis@arc.ab.ca
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 15:23:39 -0700

I am trying to setup access to my zope server so there is anonymous (but
domain-restricted) access to folders except for those which have user
list in acl_users.  I have tried the followng setting this up so that
AnonDomain is a role and AnonDomainUser is a user in the root acl_users
with role=AnonDomain and an empty password.  I then turn off all
Anonymous role permissions and move them to the AnonDomain role on the
root folder security tab.

Then in /Projects/TestProject, I have a whole set of users.  There is no
anonymous access to TestProject.  When someone from the right domain
brings up the root folder, they match to AnonDomainUser but when they
try to bring up TestProject, their username and password are
consistently rejected (even though they are correct). (Note: correct
users are part of the Developer role which does have the correct
permissions.)

If I then go back to the security panel of the root folder and give the
Anonymous role just the capability to view, they can then login properly
and access TestProject, but then I have lost the domain filtering on
anonymous viewers.

Has anyone out there got both anonymous domain restricted access and
user authentication on certain directories?  Does anyone have any idea
why this isn't working for me?  Thanks.

--
       Guy Davis    mailto:davis@arc.ab.ca
  (403) 210-5334    Alberta Research Council