[Zope] Python object lifecycle? (was Re: [Zope] Where to put business logic?

Steen Suder CAB@Earthling.net
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 14:19:46 +0100

Robb Shecter wrote:

> Steen Suder wrote:
>
> > I know that this issue has been up before, at least partly.
> >

> I've been thinking about this...
>

> > Is there an "unwritten" rule on where to put business logic in an Zope
> > app?
>
> Well, right now I'm thinking the answer might be, "in a Java servlet".
>
> > What could the underlying motives be for choosing one or the another
> > strategy?
> >

> Well, good design and experience suggests that web apps need a middle
> layer.
>
> Possible Solution:  Make python classes that implement the business logic.
> These classes get called as external methods.

Well, I wasn't thinking loud enough ;-)

What is the case if I only use Zope and an external SQL server connected
via a DA? I use PostgreSQL.
This way I'll have no middle layer as you describe it, no servlets and
no external methods.

<Cut>

--
Best regards / Mvh.,
Steen Suder, sysadm kollegie6400.dk -|- OpenSource --- Sign of the time

Scan-Aqua ADVARSEL WARNING http://www.uk.k64.dk/sfs/Scan-Aqua/