[Zope] User Authentication Question

James W. Howe jwh@allencreek.com
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 15:41:47 -0500

At 03:28 PM 2/18/00 -0500, Kevin Dangoor wrote:
> [...]

I can accept that argument, but then I would ask if there is any way to get
a "restricted" view?  Basically I want to set things up so a content
manager only sees the content that they actually have access to.  For
example, I have a news site.  I may have one role which grants the
authority to create and maintain weekly "issues".  I want this user to be
able to see existing issues, edit existing issues, etc.  I may have another
role for managing classified ads.  I don't want the person working with the
classifieds to have access to the issues, nor do I want them to even see
them.  It's not so much a security thing as it is a focus thing.  The
classified ad person only needs to see information relating to classifieds
and nothing else.  Is there a way to get this kind of control in Zope as it
currently exists, or do I need to write my own subclasses of ObjectManager
to add this sort of capability?

Thanks.

James W. Howe				mailto:jwh@allencreek.com
Allen Creek Software, Inc.		pgpkey: http://ic.net/~jwh/pgpkey.html