[Zope] Hey WorldPilot authors, you have a bug

Tom Neff tneff@bigfoot.com
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 23:52:17 -0500

I am posting this to Zope Digest since the N & H people have no Bug
Collector of their own on the WorldPilot site, and I don't know how to get
through to them otherwise.  If you know anybody who works for them, please
pass this on.

There is a bug in WorldPilot 1.0 release 1 that causes a re.split error if
you have certain kinds of IMAP folder names, e.g. an all numeric one like
"2000".  The problem is that in WorldPilot.py around line 415 you have

    414         for folder in FS:
    415             FolderFullName=folder[2]
    416             cf=rf
    417             Folders=re.split(r'\.', FolderFullName)

but apparently folder[2] may not be a string if the IMAP name looked
un-stringlike.  The following change fixes the problem and lets you work
with any IMAP folder name:

    415             FolderFullName=str(folder[2])

I really like the looks of WorldPilot - all it lacks to be a really killer
app is a search function.