[Zope] Selection lists forgetting items

Andrew Diller dillera@isc.upenn.edu
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 12:56:31 -0500 (EST)

Ok, now I see what you mean about Zope sending you back to its 'default'
view after you update an instance with your new Propery Sheet Interface.

I'm now trying to implement what you've found out.

Meanwhile, how about a quick question on selection lists?

I've looked at the Howto, but it doesn't work like it should.

I've created an attribute of type lines in my PropertySheet.

It contains two lines: Open and Closed.

First, creating a new instance you select which of the choices you want.

Then, later....

I want a pop-up selection on my custom Propery Sheet View that allows you
to change between these values.

It works the first time, but 'loses' the non-selected value when I come
back to switch it again.

<select name="status:lines">
<dtml-in status>
<option value="<dtml-var sequence-item>">
<dtml-var sequence-item>
</option>
</dtml-in>
</select>

I guess that makes some sense. What I need then is for the sequence-item
to point back _not_ to this instance, but to my propertSheet which has
BOTH values all the time.

Ever got this working?

-andy

Andrew Diller   dillera@isc.upenn.edu