[Zope] What's up with calling DTML methods with arguments?

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.com
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 20:59:42 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 22 Feb 2000, John Morton wrote:

> This is a pain. No arguments, it acquires, give it arguments, it
> doesn't. If I wanted it to not acquire things from the environment I'd
> use the <dtml-with ... only> container, but someone has made that call
> it seems. So how do I supply a method with an argument and tell it to
> look in it's folder for other properties and methods to acquire? Am I
> forever doomed to wrap annoying <dtml-let> containers around
> all of the methods that I want to acquire properties from the rest of
> Zope?

Not really ... many times  abit of reorganization of your Folder
structure will do the trick. If I understand your case correctly, you have
a folder, lets say "utilities" and you want to be able to call methods in
that folder but those methods need to acquire additional properties from
Folder "utilities". I would do something like:

<dtml-var "utilities.convpasswd(utilities,_,password=new_password, ...)">

and do not pass that would be acquired automatically ...

I hope it is useful

Pavlos