[Zope] What's up with calling DTML methods with arguments?

John Morton jwm@plain.co.nz
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 15:20:04 +1300 (NZDT)

Pavlos Christoforou writes:
 > On Tue, 22 Feb 2000, John Morton wrote:
 >
 > Not really ... many times  abit of reorganization of your Folder
 > structure will do the trick. If I understand your case correctly, you have
 > a folder, lets say "utilities" and you want to be able to call methods in
 > that folder but those methods need to acquire additional properties from
 > Folder "utilities". I would do something like:

Actually all of the methods are in the same folder.

 > <dtml-var "utilities.convpasswd(utilities,_,password=new_password, ...)">

So what's the mystical object that I need to pass that would mean 'the
current folder';

<dtml-var "encodePassword(object_that_is_the_current_folder,_,password=new_password, ...)">

 > and do not pass that would be acquired automatically ...

The problem is _if_ I pass anything, then nothing is acquired automatically.

John.