[Zope] repost: Zope on Windows 2000 won't start

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 09:44:27 -0500

> >I've been running Zope (2.1.4) for a while on NT4sp6 as a
> service. After
> >installing Windows 2000 Professional a fresh install of Zope
> won't run.
>
> Anything in the event log?
>

> Toby Dickenson

Yes - that would be the first place to look for a clue. We haven't
tried Zope out internally on win2K yet, so I can't really speak
intelligently on the matter right now. But, since that's never
stopped me before... :^)

The win32 service support is based on Mark Hammonds win32 extensions
(win32service in particular). A good place for an enterprising
individual to start would be to take Zope out of the picture by
installing a clean Python1.5.2 on win2K with the win32 extensions
and see if any of Mark's win32 service demos (I believe there is
at least one) will run. If anyone takes me up on this, I'd be
_very_ interested in the results (as I won't have time for a while
yet to get to this myself).

Hope this helps!

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909