[Zope] Z SQL Methods

Pedro Silva Pedro Silva" <pedro.silva@ruido-visual.pt
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 17:19:15 -0000

Hi,

When I create a Z SQL Method just to create a table, did I need to put any
arguments in?

I created the follow SQL Method:

            id -                    sqlcreate_table
           Connection id -   agendaDB
            Arguments -       (I didn't put anything here)

            Query String:

                    CREATE TABLE registos
                    (
                    nome VARCHAR(10),
                    apelido VARCHAR(10),
                    morada VARCHAR(50),
                    localidade VARCHAR(30),
                    casa INT(10),
                    telemovel INT(10),
                    data_nasc VARCHAR(10)
                    )

        The nome, apelido, morada, localidade, casa, telemovel and data_nasc
will be the columns.
        When I push the Add and Test button it show up message: the query
requires no input. Then I puch the Submit Query and an error is showed up:
Syntax Error!!!
        Do I need to put any arguments? Where is the syntex error?

This Table is to be used to store some information from a form.

I maybe will need to create two more SQL Methods, one to add the form
information to the respective column and another to show the table. Like to
do a search to the content of the table.

Is my idea right, or I need much more stuff to do?

I would like some help, if you could help me, please send your answers to:
psilva@ruido-visual.pt

Thanks,

Pedro