[Zope] Gadfly databases syntax

Pedro Silva Pedro Silva" <pedro.silva@ruido-visual.pt
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 11:07:25 -0000

Hi,

I'm using a Gadfly database connection to create Z SQL Methods. This is the
first time that I'm using this, and because I know a little of SQL, it seams
that are some differences between Ansy SQL and Z SQL.

Now, I'm trying to create a table with the following code:

       CREATE TABLE registos(
            id INT,
            nome VARCHAR(10),
            apelido VARCHAR(10),
            morada VARCHAR(50),
            localidade VARCHAR(30),
            casa INT,
            telemovel INT,
            data_nasc VARCHAR(10)
        )

When I push the button "Change and Test", it shows a message "The query
requires no input". Then after I push the "Submit Query" button, it gives me
a Syntax Error, so I figure that only could be the syntax that this SQL use
is differente from the normal SQL.

Could anyone tell me the diffrences and/or tell me where I can go to see the
differences?

Please send your answers to: psilva@ruido-visual.pt

Thanks,

Pedro

PS - I'm sending to you too, because I know that you must know something
about this and would be quicker, I hope!!!