[Zope] Using apache w/ZServer question

rgines@purina.com rgines@purina.com
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 10:16:44 -0600

<snip>
>and am having some problems. In the document it says to put the
>ProxyPass directives within the main Directory context. I assume that
>he's referring to the DocumentRoot; yet whenever I put the Proxy*
>directives anywhere I get an error when I try to restart apache, saying
>that they can't be in there. So I take them out and leave them by
>themselves. Apache restarts, but when I try to go to the path I get a
>'Document contains no data' message.

Here's what I am doing on a testing server which might help you.

The apache server is on port 80 at gynzer.yyy.xxx.com (Internal Intranet
... )
Zope is running at gynzer.xxx.yyy.com:8080
Virtual host is at an address with a DNS entry of rlgtest1.yyy.xxx.com
I want rlgtest1 to actually point to the /PPEGroup/MES directory in Zope

Here is my Apache Entry

<VirtualHost 170.73.133.190>
    ServerAdmin rgines@xxx.com
    ServerName rlgtest1.xxx.yyy.com
    ProxyPass / http://gynzer.xxx.yyy.com:8080/PPEGroup/MES/
    ProxyPassReverse / http://gynzer.xxx.yyy.com:8080/PPEGroup/MES/
    ProxyPass /misc_ http://gynzer.xxx.yyy.com:8080/misc_
    ProxyPass /p_ http://gynzer.xxx.yyy.com:8080/p_
</VirtualHost>

Note: the last two lines are necessary to keep the graphics and misc
internal links working properly.

So that /PPEGroup/MES really does look like the root of server rlgtest1, I
am using SiteAccess
to fake it out ... the jury is still out as to using this or not.   It has
good points and bad points to
using it.   Depending on my mood for the day I seem to sway back and forth
between using it
or not.

I hope that this helps.