[Zope] Newbie Question ;-)

Nils Jeppe nils@jeppe.de
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 21:00:25 +0100 (CET)

Hello everybody,

I am yet another newbie! So, "HELLO WORLD!". Discovered Zope not even a
week ago, got started to fiddle with it on Monday, and I think I have
gotten a basic grasp of the whole thing. Zope's really promising. It's a
pitty that so little Documentation exists....

Anyway, please bear with me if any of what I am trying to do is REALLY
stupid. :)

Situation: I have a ZClass that I want to have a method which should
display information about the object itself. I followed the ZClasses howto
in the developer's guide, only instead of CDs I took something else.

I followed another Howto to implement the searches of a ZCatalog which
includes my ZClasses (an awful lot of Z's here). The relevant part is in
the search report, and it goes like so:

"items_catalog.getpath(data_record_id_)"-->">
                                 <!--#var title-->
                                </a></td>

Now, in my ZClass I have created an index_html method, but as soon as this
method is trying to access any of the object's variables (say, "title"), I
get asked for username & password and subsequently locked out with:

            Unauthorized

            You are not authorized to access title.

Now, I'd really appreciate if someone could give me some hints.

For the record, if I remove all dtml tags from that method and just put
some text into it, that gets rendered just fine (in ugly courier on ugly
gray, but still).

Best wishes,
Nils

--