[Zope] DISCUSS: Zope Documentation Plan

Amos Latteier Amos@digicool.com
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 18:55:04 -0500

Hello,

Documentation is one of Zope's weakest points. For Zope to be a popular
application server and a vital open source project this needs to change.

As you may have heard, DC is opening up a Portland, Oregon office. We've
decided to take this opportunity to work on Zope documentation more
seriously. The Portland office (that's me, Michel Pelletier, and Karl
Anderson) have been charged with the mandate of improving Zope
documentation. To this end, I've prepared a short plan which summarizes
our goals and some of the projects that we're working on to achieve
those goals.

  http://www.zope.org/Members/Amos/Documentation/Plan

I'm interested in feedback from the Zope community on the plan. Do you
agree with the goals and projects? What else should we be doing to
improve Zope documentation?

If you are interested in being involving in the documentation projects
listed in the plan, please write the listed contact people.

We will have more information about the current documentation projects
available as the projects progress.

Thanks for your feedback!

-Amos

--