[Zope] Fourth request for help - Win2K+Zope

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Sun, 27 Feb 2000 01:51:41 -0500

From: Michael Simcich [mailto:msimcich@accesstools.com]
> I wonder what it takes to get some assistance with this
> issue? I have to
> assume that none of my peer Zope users out there knows what
> to do with my
> problem (Zope doesn't run under Windows 2000 as detailed in
> So what do you all recommend that I try next? As far as I
> know this list is
> about it for peer level support so is my only alternative to
> see if DC is
> willing to enter into the smallest support contract ever seen?
>
> Sorry for the repetitive posts, but I need to get this thing
> working. Unless
> someone can point me to a better platform <g>. I am just
> really disappointed
> and frustrated with the lack of assistance and... a working
> copy of Zope.

Heh, I wouldn't start about this platform thingy if I were you =)

I don't know anything about Win2k, but I did see something on the DC
support list about certain types of VPN software interfering. Both
PGPNet and Connect for Windows, caused a similar problem (python.exe
Application Error), which disappeared after removing them.

Maybe some software component on your server is interfering with Python?
Try a clean, minimal install of Win2k.

Other than that, you could try the python mailinglist, as it doesn't
sound like something particular to Zope. And ActiveState
(http://www.activestate.com/) supports python on Win32, and Mark Hammond
works there now. Maybe they can help as well (for a fee I imagine).

--
Martijn Pieters, Software Engineer
http://wwwkeys.nl.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8A32149