[Zope] Fourth request for help - Win2K+Zope

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Sun, 27 Feb 2000 02:49:31 -0800

We compile Zope for Win32 on NT with MS's compiler.  This binary works
on 95/98 and all various flavors of NT.  If it does not work on 2K, then
I suspect, although obviously I have no proof, that it's a 2Kism.

Your choice of platform is, of course, your choice.  We are probably the
wrong audience to ask what kind of platform you should switch to.  I
agree that we should ensure that Zope runs on 2K, but without any
customers that want/need this, it will not happen unless someone can
pinpoint with some accuracy how exactly it fails on 2K.

You are correct in your earlier post that this is a list of peer
assistance.  Luke Tymowski responded on Tuesday to you post that it
works on 2K as a service for him:

> It works.
>
> I just installed Zope on a Toshiba laptop running W2K Pro, and it runs
> properly as a service.
>
> It's a fresh install of W2K.
> Python installed correctly.
> Zope installed correctly.
> Zope runs correctly on either port 8080 or port 80.

Also on Tuesday Toby Dickenson confirmed Luke's report:

> I have been running several python services, including Zope 2.1.(3,4),
> on a late beta of windows 2000. So far I've not encountered any
> problems beyond what I would expect with NT4.

Taking these two points and drawing a line seems to indicate that Zope
does run on 2K.  Have you considered that the problem is not Zope at
all, but perhaps some sort of conflict with your existing setup or some
other parameter?

-Michel