[Zope] Re: [Zope-PTK] Acquisition of properties?

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Sun, 27 Feb 2000 14:17:26 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "J C Lawrence" <claw@kanga.nu>
To: <zope@zope.org>; <zope-ptk@zope.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 27, 2000 1:26 PM
Subject: [Zope-PTK] Acquisition of properties?

> Given the following folder tree:
>
>   /
>     XXX
>       YYY
>
>     <dtml-var standard_html_header>
>     <dtml-with YYY>
>       <dtml-var "discuss()">
>     </dtml-with>
>     <dtml-var standard_html_footer>
>
> Why, when viewing "WWW/test", can't the "discuss" method find the
> properties defined on YYY?  I thought I understood acquisition...

It's because you've lost your namespace. If you do,

     <dtml-var standard_html_header>
     <dtml-with YYY>
       <dtml-var discuss>
     </dtml-with>
     <dtml-var standard_html_footer>

you should get what you want. Or,
<dtml-var "discuss(_.None, _)">

<dtml-var discuss> is equivalent to <dtml-var name=discuss>. When called
that way, a DTML method is automatically given the namespace. <dtml-var
expr="discuss(_.None, _)"> would be the syntax to make sure that the
namespace is passed in to the DTML method when calling as an expression.

Kevin