[Zope] PTK issues

Nolan Darilek nolan_d@bigfoot.com
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 15:37:06 -0600

For the past month or so I've been casually playing with Zope, but now
I'm about to try using it in a serious application.

I've volunteered to help create a website to replace the one currently
at http://www.muq.org. Since one of my goals is to have a
community-driven site which allows folks to create accounts, work on
projects and publish information and news about those projects, I
decided to try running the PTK. So last night I grabbed the latest
version from CVS and began to set it up.

Setup went extremely smoothly, and before long I had a basic and
generic-looking portal site. My problems began when I tried to edit
it, though. I'm curious; I've read so much about the PTK's new,
frameless wizard interface, but I can't seem to find it. If I want to
edit the top-level index_html, what is the best way to do that? Should
I go to http://myurl.org/portal/portal_contents, or
portal/manage_main? The "My Stuff" links seem to use portal_contents,
but is that what I should use for editting the main index?

Second, the main index_html includes the following:

    5 Jan -
     Space for a NewsItem.

So, am I supposed to edit that each time a new, newsworthy item is
created by a member? I thought that, by approving news items, they
would be displayed on the main page, or is this only on the "Breaking
News" link?

Thanks a bunch.