[Zope] Install behind iPlanet with SSL

Nicola Larosa n.larosa@mclink.it
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 09:45:04 +0100 (CET)

>> 1) Does installing PCGI within the iPlanet server guarantees a full
>> one-to-one mapping between iPlanet threads and ZServer threads?

> Not at all.

I kind of expected this, but it should not be critical in this first phase.

>> 2) Will I be using the REMOTE_USER REQUEST variable or the
>> AUTHENTICATED_USER one?

> Unless you can patch the server or compile a special server module,
> or use a better protocol such as FastCGI, you stuck with REMOTE_USER
> which is not ideal at all.

Yes, it is not ideal , but it could be workable for our needs (no content delegation and such).

Thanks for your answer, Michel.

>> 3) I already installed the iPlanet server and Zope on a Sun. How do
>> i go configuring the iPlanet server in order to activate Zope?

> I've not heard of anyone running Zope with iPlanet.

Hey, come on, I am sure I saw someone on this list saying that they installed Zope behind Netscape Enterprise Server, and that's the same beast.

>> Those of you who already accomplished this (and I know you're out
>> there), please speak up!

> I HIGHLY suggest you look at FastCGI.

I definitely will, but I guess it will take a little while, so I am postponing it to the second phase of the project.

So, doesn't anyone have a nice, step-by-step instruction for setting up the iPlanet (Netscape) server in PCGI mode, or in any other one?