[Zope] newbie tree code problem

Andy Heath a.k.heath@open.ac.uk
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 20:44:17 +0000

ok, the plan was to be able to make parts of the
tree visible/non-visible by setting a boolean on
the node.

With this structure

lists
   + another
     feedback
   + sillytest

With a boolean visible=false on sillytest
my code (below) produces

    feedback
   -
    another

(the titles of these anyway).  That is, I get
a hole where sillytest goes, obviously because
the +/- for the node is produced when visiting
the inner part of the <dtml-tree ...> before the
<dtml-if>.

How can I get around this?  It seems to me that there
must be some expression I can put in the <dtml-tree ...>
part otherwise there could be no general solution.
What expression would work?

Here is my code

<dtml-tree expr="lists" branches=objectValues>
    <dtml-if visible>
        <dtml-if "meta_type=='Folder'">
            <dtml-var title_or_id>
        <dtml-else>
            <A HREF="<dtml-var listURL>">
            <dtml-var title_or_id></A>
        </dtml-if>
        <dtml-if listinfo>
            (<dtml-var listinfo>)
        </dtml-if>
    </dtml-if>
</dtml-tree>

PLEASE COPY to a.k.heath@open.ac.uk (can't wait
for the digest - once per day)
Andy
Andy Heath                    a.k.heath@open.ac.uk
The Open University           +44 (0) 114 2885738