[Zope] wish list for zope in the new century

Patrick Phalen zope@teleo.net
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 10:35:23 -0800

[Wei Tao, on Mon, 03 Jan 2000]

:: 6. open source for ZEO development
::   It is rather disappointing to see the door and window are closed for
:: ZEO's development :<<
::
:: 7... your opinion?

I agree with all your items, except for #6.

Without Digital Creations, we wouldn't have Zope. Without a thriving
Digital Creations, we can't expect to have that resource staffed with
such extraordinary people. DC is a business and their business model
relies on charging for value added.

ZEO as a value added commercial product seems perfectly fair; ZEO
requires a good deal of intervention by DC to properly architect and
set up. Any Web-based business successful enough to have need for
what it brings shouldn't cry too much about paying for that expertise.
Name another alternative with the same functionality which is
completely free. ;>)