[Zope] fastcgi problem

Sam Gendler sgendler@impossible.com
Mon, 03 Jan 2000 14:21:41 -0800

I have fastcgi (the Oct 6 snapshot) installed on apache 1.3.9
I have the following configuration directives in my httpd.conf

NameVirtualHost 207.71.228.21:7080

#
# VirtualHost example:
# Almost any Apache directive may go into a VirtualHost container.
#
<VirtualHost 207.71.228.21:7080>
        ServerName www.impossible.com
        DocumentRoot /home/httpd/impossible
        ServerAlias impossible.com *.impossible.com
        ServerAdmin admin@impossible.com
        ErrorLog /home/httpd/log/www.impossible.com-error_log
        CustomLog /home/httpd/log/www.impossible.com-access_log common
        FastCgiExternalServer /home/httpd/impossible/zope \
                              -socket impossible.soc \
                              -pass-header Authorization
        <Location /zope>
                Options ExecCGI
                SetHandler fastcgi-script
        </Location>
</VirtualHost>

However, when I attempt to access www.impossible.com:7080/zope/index_html, I get
many broken graphics but the bulk of the page is there.  If I try to go to any
other page on the site, I still get the index_html page.  I cannot access the
/manage page at all.  Accessing these pages through ZServer works just fine (go
to www.impossible.com on port 80 to see ZServer, port 7080 for apache).  I
really want to have apache redirect anything in the root '/' directory to zope,
but that wasn't working any better.  Does anyone out there know what might be
going wrong here?

--sam