[Zope] inheritance question

Wei Tao taow@bd748.pku.edu.cn
Tue, 04 Jan 2000 20:21:26 +0800

Timothy Wilson wrote:

> My site has a folder structure like this:
>
> / (Zope root)
>  /Images
>  /folder1
>  /etc
>
> There's a method in / that uses images from /Images utilizing the
> <dtml-with Images><dtml-var image_foo></dtml-with> syntax.
>
> When I call that method from inside /folder1, however, I get an error. I
> assume there's a slick way to make this work. Is this a namespace issue?
> I'm still working on understanding that. Thanks.

please post the error messages.

btw, here comes my question:

/(root)
  method_root
  /name_test
     method_foo
  /test2
     name_test

and method_root uses method_foo under /name_test:
 <dtml-with name_test> <dtml-var method_foo> </dtml-with>,
while name_test under /test2 uses method-root.

So, the result of viewing name_test under /test2 is :
   Zope Error
   Error Type: SystemError
   Error Value: infinite recursion in document template
and yes, I know the recursion generated because of two name_test.
But if changing <dtml-with name_test> to <dtml-with name_test only>
the result changes to:
   Zope Error
   Error Type: NameError
   Error Value: REQUEST
and yes, method_foo under /name_test uses REQUEST.

Any solution? Must I pay a lot of attetion when naming ?