[Zope] huge Data.fs

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Tue, 04 Jan 2000 10:01:36 -0500

Tomaso Scarsi wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm using zope2.0.1 on linux;
> i've built some little sites based on squishdot with about 200 postings;
>
> today I wanted to backup the var/Data.fs and I noticed that the file size
> it's over 100Mb;
>
> all I want to know is if this size it's normal or maybe there's something
> wrong.

Squishdot has a problem that causes lots of empty transactions to
be written.

Zope 2.1.1 has logic to avoid writing empty transactions in
file storages (Data.fs). We plan to release Zope 2.1.2 today.
I sugest you upgrade to that.

In the mean time, I suggest that you pack your database,
as someone else suggested.

Jim

repeats.