[Zope] Solaris 8 issue?

Richard Otten rotten@colltech.com
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 14:02:18 -0600 (CST)

Hi,

  I recently (earlier today) installed Zope for the first time.
  I am installing it on an Ultra 1, running Solaris 8.

  For my first attempt, I installed the Solaris 2.6 binary version.
  It seems to start correctly, however I do get this error when it
kicks off:

2000-01-04T19:33:37 PROBLEM(100) ZServer Computing default hostname

  So, not sure what might cause this error I blew away my install, grabbed
the source, and built it myself (with gcc as the compiler).

  I still get that error.

  A quick search of the web pages and the list archives did not yield
anything that jumped out at me.  (It was a rather cursory search...)

  Is there a list of ZServer errors somewhere and what they might mean?

  I did a little 'grepping' through the source and didn't find the error.
  Again, I could have just looked in the wrong place.

  1)  Is this really a problem, or does it show up for everyone?
  2)  Is anyone else successfully using Zope with Solaris 8?  Any 'gotcha's'?

--

  This looks like some cool stuff.  I am really looking forward to diving
in and getting things really going.

--
Rick Otten
rotten@colltech.com