[Zope] Solaris 8 issue?

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 15:37:56 -0500

Hmm.. the logic in the code isn't entirely clear to me, the error
implies that you can specify a hostname, but really it throws this error
if you don't specify an IP address for ZServer to bind to
(ZServer/medusa/http_server.py:559).  It's definatly not a very clear
error.

If you don't specify an IP addr, ZServer attempts to look up the
hostname from the ip address of the socket it creates.  What is also not
very clear is that if you ONLY get this error, then the reverse lookup
is sucessful.  If the lookup fails, then you will get another error
("Cannot do reverse lookup") and the IP addr of the socket will be
turned into a string and used for the server name.

Perhaps you could un-obfusicate this for us?  Patches accepted.

-Michel