[Zope] External Method Error.

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 10:20:45 -0500

> I followed the External Method howto by brian to the tee. But
> i get back these
> trace back errors:
>
> traceback (innermost last):

> 205, in getObject
>     (Info: ('/home/whho/Zope/Extensions/upload.py', 'upload'))
> SyntaxError: (see above)
>
> I can't understand it. The filename I entered (without .py)
> is correct and
> even i follow the Function name in my upload.py which is
> upload_external. I'm
> loss.
>
> I'm using zope2-1-1 binary from zope.org and running under
> Mandrake 6.0. Help
> please!

The exception was a SyntaxError, which usually means a typo
or other syntax problem in the .py file containing your
external method. You can check this by cd'ing to your Zope
Extensions directory, starting Python from the command line
and trying to import your module - that should also raise a
SyntaxError. It will also give you a better clue as to where
the problem is.

Hope this helps!

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909