[Zope] comparing <dtml-var> values

Jens Vagelpohl tommymi@concentric.net
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 00:38:03 -0500

hi tim,

you cannot use dtml tags inside other dtml tags. try replacing the example
below with something like:

<dtml-if "var1==var2">
  do something
</dtml-if>

you might need some explicit typecasting to allow this operation. if var1
and var2 were strings, you should cast them explicitly as:

<dtml-if "_.str(var1) == _.str(var2)">

these explicit casts can be applied to retrieve integers, floats, and other
types. See the Zope Quick Reference at http://www.zope.org/Members/ZQR for
references on methods available to you.

jens