[Zope] Zope vs J2EE

Wei Tao taow@bd748.pku.edu.cn
Thu, 06 Jan 2000 16:47:13 +0800

Nemeth Miklos wrote:

> In our department I have decided (as a CTO) to use Zope for an ecommerce
> application server.
> And I also would like to use it for another application for a customer.
> I will have a presentation about Zope and our plans in a 3-day technical
> conference of our corporation.
>
> Can I have some (primarily technical) arguments why Zope is better to
> some (especially Java-based) specific web application server tool
> (WebSphere, Oracle Application Server, Oracle8i, NetDynamics, etc)?
>
> I'd be very glad if some of you share his thoughts about the topic.

I found a report titled by "The Technical Benefits of EJB and J2EE
technologies over COM+ and Windows DNA" several days ago:
   http://web2.java.sun.com/products/ejb/pdf/j2ee_dnatwp.pdf

( And there is a sister report titled by "The Business Benefits of EJB
and J2EE technologies over COM+ and Windows DNA":
   http://web2.java.sun.com/products/ejb/pdf/j2ee_dnabwp.pdf)

It is written well. Though personally I dislike java, I have to say
that J2EE is well cooked.