[Zope] Catalog.uniqueValuesFor problem

Philip Aylesworth phila@purpleduck.com
Thu, 06 Jan 2000 11:13:17 -0500

I am using
<dtml-in "Catalog.uniqueValuesFor('hist_cat')">
to make a pull down menu for unique values in the catalog.

If I create a new ZClass instance with a new unique value for hist_cat
it will then show up in my pull down menu just fine. I do this through a
DTML form and do a <dtml-call reindex_object> after it is added.

The problem occurs when I go into the management interface and delete
that instance. It still shows up in the pull down! If I go into the
Catalog and press the Update Catalog button it will be gone. Isn't the
catalog supposed to update when instances are deleted? Even if I change
it in the management screen the pull down does not get updated.

If I did it from a DTML form and used <dtml-call reindex_object> would
that fix it? If I have to delete the instance from DTML how do I do
that? How can I update the catalog or remove this entry from DTML?

Thanks,

Phil.