[Zope] RE: What does "this()" return?

Nemeth Miklos nemeth@iqsoft.hu
Thu, 06 Jan 2000 20:28:52 +0100

> Is there any doc on "this()" or "id()"?

I think you explored this teritory. YOU should create a how-to on the
topic.

> Aside from the "How-to..." docs, shouldn't we start compiling "Zope
> Pitfalls" or "Zope Gotchas" doc series?

The majority of how-tos are exactly about this.

> Sometimes learning a new software is
> not so much what you know to do, but what you know NOT TO DO.

That is why programmers do not like to learn new languages and tools.
That is why UNIX is forever.

> Also, is there any documentation on calling DTML methods with arguments? I
> know you can do it with "myMethod(_.None,  _, arg1=val1, arg2=val2, ...)",
> but I'd like to know what the role of _.None is. (I know _ is the
> namespace...), that is, if I replace it with something like
> "myMethod(coolDude, _, ...)" what sort of catastrophe might happen. :)

This is completely new to me! Where did you learned it!
I thought I read or at least browsed all how-tos and Zope docs.

NM