[Zope] Need help with evaluation issues of Zope

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 22:43:30 +0100

Michel Pelletier wrote:
> This problem only apears to happen in one specific scenario.  If you are
> using a browser that is running on the same machine as Zope and you are
> using RedHat 5.1 or 5.2.  This problem doesn't occour for us when
> running both the browser and the server on RedHat 6+.  We consider this
> then to be a pretty minor bug.
>
> Can either of you reproduce it in any other situation?

Yes. I mailed Jim Fulton about this too.

I am running the server and the browser on RedHat 6.1. The original poster
was as far as I can recall on Solaris.

When I run the browser on Windows 95 (and the server on RedHat), then
*that* bug does not occur, but another nasty bugs (server crashes, sometimes
with error messages) do seem to happen. I mailed to Jim Fulton about this too
yesterday (and I think I sent a cc to support).

I don't consider it to be a minor bug, as I do a lot of restarts during
product development. Zope 2.0 on the same machine restarts just fine. I
can do some more testing next week if you want, but I did test quite a bit
yesterday and it's definitely Not Working for me, for browsers remote or
local, though the symptoms are different (each bad).

Regards,

Martijn