[Zope] Unable to pack - permission denied error

Steen Suder CAB@Earthling.net
Sun, 09 Jan 2000 18:57:35 +0100

Steve Froggatt wrote:

> When i try to pack the data base I get the following error for Data.fs
>
> Error Type: IOError
> Error Value: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
>
> Does anybody know what the permissions should be set to for the var
> directory and the files withinn it.

I had the same problem a while ago.

I run Zope as nobody.nobody, but var was owned by root.users as I
remember it.
I you run it as nobody.nobody, permissions should be like 0771 on the
var dir.
Data.fs should be like nobody.nobody and 0660.

If you run it as root.<whatever>, it should (could) be 0711 on var.
Data.fs should be root.root and 0600.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

--
Best regards / Mvh.,
Steen Suder, sysadm kollegie6400.dk -|- OpenSource --- Sign of the time

Scan-Aqua ADVARSEL WARNING http://www.uk.k64.dk/sfs/Scan-Aqua/