[Zope] Unable to pack - permission denied error

Steen Suder CAB@Earthling.net
Sun, 09 Jan 2000 19:58:02 +0100

Steve Froggatt wrote:

> Hi
>
> Well that made things a little different, rather than expalining the
> message, if anyone wants to goto www.cbsolutions.co.uk/manage and have a
> look at the error I would be gratefull.

The permissions still might not be right yet.
It seems like you have been moving stuff around by hand.

Can you get us a `ls -al` for the Zope dir and the var dir?
Which user is Zope set for? Any -u parm in the start file?
Have you tried -D in start? Any usable output?

> At this point I must add that under normal circumstances by now I would have
> trashed the product, but I cannot cos I think it has a lot of potential and
> I am determind to master it

Well, that's the spirit.

It can work, lots of users can testify that.

--
Best regards / Mvh.,
Steen Suder, sysadm kollegie6400.dk -|- OpenSource --- Sign of the time

Scan-Aqua ADVARSEL WARNING http://www.uk.k64.dk/sfs/Scan-Aqua/