[Zope] Upgrading to 2.1.2

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Sun, 09 Jan 2000 14:13:44 -0500

Tom, to upgrade to 2.1.2:

Assuming you're using UNIX, if your 2.1.1 is installed in
/home/tom/Zope-2.1.1

- stop 2.1.1

- install a fresh 2.1.2 in /home/tom/Zope-2.1.2 and start it  (I like to
install it as a nonroot user (e.g. "tom"), otherwise you'll need to
change some permissions on the var directory before you start it)

- reinstall all Products (such as Squishdot, UserDb, etc.) that you're
using with 2.1.1 into the fresh 2.1.2

- cp /home/tom/Zope-2.1.1/var/Data* /home/tom/Zope-2.1.2 (this will copy
over the old Zope ZODB to the new install)

- cp /home/tom/Zope-2.1.1/Extensions/* /home/tom/Zope-2.1.2/Extensions
(if you have any exernal methods you want to copy over)

- If you're using Apache or another webserver, edit your rewrite rules
to point to the new Zope (this doesn't apply if you're only using
ZServer to get to Zope).

- stop your webserver (if applicable)

- start Zope-2.1.2

- start your webserver (if applicable)