[Zope] Help with PIL / Photo product

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Sun, 09 Jan 2000 21:14:00 -0500

No, it's set somewhere in the Zope startup... where, I'm not entirely
certain :)  And as I remember it, under Win32, I think it might even be
read from a registry setting.

Why don't we try this?  Delete the "Photo" product in the Product
Management screen.  Move the whole PIL directory tree into C:\Program
Files\WebSite\lib\python\Products\Photo (so you have a directory named
C:\Program Files\WebSite\lib\python\Products\Photo\PIL that contains a
blank __init__.py).  Restart Zope.  See if the product is still broken.

Sorry I'm taking this in a "one-stab-at-a-time", I'm certain someone
else could have solved this straight away, but my relative ignorance of
That Which Is Win32 Python is hindering me here.

Dale Lance wrote:

> Thanks for the lesson.  I understood it all.
> Was PYTHONPATH supposed to be part of the Zope install?
> I do a "set" from DOS and see no PYTHONPATH.
> I could modify start.bat to set one I guess.
>
> At any rate, the traceback is this
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "C:\Program Files\WebSite\lib\python\OFS\Application.py", line 393,
> in import_products
>     product=__import__(pname, global_dict, global_dict, silly)
>   File "C:\Program Files\WebSite\lib\python\Products\Photo\__init__.py",
> line 42, in ?
>     import Photo
>   File "C:\Program Files\WebSite\lib\python\Products\Photo\Photo.py", line
> 56, in ?
>     import PIL
> ImportError: No module named PIL
>
> Thanks for all this effort