[Zope] Restart bug *and* shutdown bug

Martijn Faassen m.faassen@vet.uu.nl
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 16:32:55 +0100

Magnus Heino wrote:
[Martijn (me :) describes the restart/shutdown bugs]

> I have exactly the same problems on RH6.1 and Zope 2.1.2 compiled from
> source (I also did a cvs checkout yesterday, but it had the same
> problems).

Ah, so the bug seems to be fairly common. Compiled from source indicates
this is not somekind of dynamic library compatibility problem, good.

> I first thought it was me doing something wrong, since it was my first
> attempt to write a product in python, and that it was "broken" almost
> all the time.

I occasionally have vague suspicions that perhaps exceptions thrown by
products may have something to do with it, but I can't verify this
behavior so it may be nothing.

> I also get a lot of
>
> 2000-01-07T18:09:02 ERROR(200) ZODB Couldn't load state for
> '\000\000\000\000\000\000\002\320'
>
> is that related, or is that because of the broken product?

I don't get these, so that must be due to a broken product.

> It seems to disappear if I kill zope and all python processes and
> restart.

The error messages go away? Weird, I haven't seen any of that.

> I ended up starting zope with ./start and killing it with ctrl+c
> yesterday. I had enough problems trying to understand zclasses etc than
> to bother about if things got reloaded all the time...

Agreed!

Regards,

Martijn