[Zope] (no subject)

Jerry.Spicklemire@IFLYATA.COM Jerry.Spicklemire@IFLYATA.COM
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 17:36:08 -0500

Thanks Kevin, I'll look up some "counter" code at Zope.org.

Still I'm wondering about these :

http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope/1999-September/011307.html

http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope/1999-September/011312.html

http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope/1999-September/011313.html

Hi,

> So, one might conclude that the _ variables are not persistent, or are too
> persistent, depending on how you look at it.

This is the correct conclusion. If you want to store info like this in the
ZODB, you need to make a property. (Folders, ZClasses and DTML Documents can
all have properties). Let's say you wanted to count how many people access a
given Folder. You could add a property (count) to that Folder, and then put
the following in your standard_html_header:

<dtml-call "manage_changeProperties({'count': count+1})">