[Zope] SyBase connection problem

Hung Jung Lu hungjunglu@hotmail.com
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 17:59:54 PST

Thanks to Chris McDonough for the help.
My SybaseDAv2 is running, now! :)

Before getting it to work, besides the shared
library problem (/etc/ld.so.conf and ldconfig)
I also ran into another problem. I will mention it
so if other people run into the same problem
they can look it up here. My Zope was throwing
the error message:

"The context allocation routine failed when it
tried to load localization files!! One or more
following problems may caused the failure

Your sybase home directory is /opt/sybase-11.9.2
Check the environment variable SYBASE if it is not
the one you want!
Using locale name "en_US" defined in environment
variable LC_ALL
Local name "en_US" doesn't exist in your
/opt/sybase-11.9.2/locales/locales.dat file"

What happened was that in my locales.dat file,
under the [linux] section, I did not have the
"en_US" entry... I only had the

    locale = ENGLISH, us_english, iso_1

entry. So I had to duplicate this entry and
change it to:

    locale = en_US, us_english, iso_1

After that, I restarted Sybase and Zope, and it
worked.

thanks again!

Hung Jung