[Zope] Re: Anyone using Zope Mail Host with MS Exchange ? (chas)

David Salgado david@connmed.co.uk
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 10:18:16 -0000

Hi Chas

>I have a client reporting that mail sent from Zope
>using a MS Exchange box as their Zope Mail Host
>never arrives.

Just tried using our Exchange server as the SMTP
server for a MailHost (which works just fine with the
other two 'real' SMTP servers I have access to, and
sure enough, the mail never arrived.

Looks like a real MS feature -- anyone else?

BTW, the Exchange server works OK as an SMTP
host from Outlook Express, which is the only
'standards-based' mail client I've got on this machine.

><guess>
>Maybe their exchange server is demanding that users authenticate before
>sending (this is configured with a checkbox somewhere in the Exchange
>Admin labyrinth, iirc).  I don't know why this would cause a noticeable
>exception tho...
></guess>

Don't think so, because I'm not authenticating when I use Outlook Express to
send
SMTP mail via the Exchange server -- I am on the same network though, but
then
so is Chas's client's machine.

Cheers

             David