[Zope] Sybase error: Products.SybaseDAv2.db.Error: ct_command():

Hung Jung Lu hungjunglu@hotmail.com
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 11:49:56 PST

>From: Chris McDonough <chrism@digicool.com>
>This is strange stuff.  Have you checked the Sybase transaction log
>lately?  When it gets full, Zope doesn't like that too much.

(1) How do I check the transaction log? (I am a newbie to
    Sybase.)

(2) I am also getting another error. (I append the error message
    at the end of this posting.) I went into db.py file and
    printed out the value of f.datatype is 17 when it crashed.
    Does this help to trace the source of the bug? What else
    can I do to trace the bug? After the "invalid buffer element
    type" error, all hell breaks loose and Zope starts to
    issue more and more strange error messages.

Hung Jung

Zope Error

Error Type: sy_occ.error
Error Value: Invalid buffer element type

Troubleshooting Suggestions

The URL may be incorrect.
The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.
A resource that this resource relies on may be encountering an error.
For more detailed information about the error, please refer to the HTML
source for this page.

If the error persists please contact the site maintainer. Thank you for your
patience.

Traceback (innermost last):
  File /usr/local/bs_zope_2000_01/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
214, in publish_module
  File /usr/local/bs_zope_2000_01/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
179, in publish
  File /usr/local/bs_zope_2000_01/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 202, in
zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: RoleManager)
  File /usr/local/bs_zope_2000_01/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
165, in publish
  File /usr/local/bs_zope_2000_01/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line 160,
in mapply
    (Object: manage_test)
  File /usr/local/bs_zope_2000_01/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
102, in call_object
    (Object: manage_test)
  File /usr/local/bs_zope_2000_01/lib/python/Shared/DC/ZRDB/Connection.py,
line 176, in manage_test
    (Object: RoleManager)
  File /usr/local/bs_zope_2000_01/lib/python/Products/SybaseDAv2/db.py, line
242, in query
sy_occ.error: (see above)